Soil contamination or remediation is the process of analysing soil and ensuring that it fit for purpose. With the need for hundreds of thousands of new homes, and constant construction going on in the UK. Soil analysis is paramount going forward for the entire nation as a whole. Essentially, to ensure viability for the next generation to have a place to live and grow.
However, the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) stipulates that a site cannot have gone into the planning system and still have the potential to be ‘contaminated’ under Part 2a.
If your site is subject to a new development, voluntary remediation or suffered an environment incident, it may be necessary to remediate.
Firstly, an options analysis is required via CR11 statue, to ensure that the most sustainable and effective methodology is used.
Remedial Options Appraisal can include the following
- Ex-situ treatment
- In-situ treatment
- Solidification and stabilisation
- Augmented Bioremediation
- Cover Systems
- Permeable Reactive Barriers
- Groundwater Treatment
Secondly, Enterprise Waste Management through our national partners offer the following services:
- Excavation, haulage and disposal of contaminated soils
- Soil treatment at our dedicated hazardous treatment plant
- Solidification and stabilisation of contaminated soils
- Remediation of asbestos in soils and water
- Removal of contaminants including hydrocarbons, heavy metals and invasive plants
- Site preparation including Earthworks, Cut and Fill, Crushing and ‘Dig and Dump’, Site Clearance and Demolition
- Outsourcing site investigation if necessary.
Consequently, we organise all of the necessary documentation for the soil contamination analysis and removal for you. If you are in the process of acquiring new land for development, extending or amending a current property now or in the future
In conclusion, if you need assistance with your soil contamination, please give one of our waste management experts a call on 0333 2229945.If you have any business specific queries regarding this area we are happy to help as well.